Celebrated every year on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday is a day on which non-profits worldwide hope the focus turns from the stress of holiday gift giving to the joy of supporting non-profits and charitable organizations. What organizations, charities, or causes are you supporting this Tuesday?
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a day on which non-profits worldwide hope the focus turns from the stress of holiday gift giving to the joy of supporting non-profits they believe in and care about. First launched in 2012, Giving Tuesday is now celebrated annually on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. In 2020, Giving Tuesday will be celebrated on December 1st.
Can I support CARF this Giving Tuesday?
Yes, you can! All donations, no matter how small, are (always) very much appreciated and needed.
How does CARF use my donation?
One hundred percent of the donations that we receive goes directly to the care of our dogs. We use your donations to pay for dog food and medical bills; all of the dogs that we rescue are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and kept up-to-date on shots. We don’t have paid staff, we work with volunteers only.
This Giving Tuesday, how can I support CARF?
There are several ways how you can donate money:
- We have a Tikkie-link for GivingTuesday at https://tikkie.me/pay/qbc5q67t6va9us7orngk (This link is valid till December 13th, 2020)
- We use PayPal to receive donations, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a local bank account with Maduro & Curiel’s Bank: 21199501. Address: Beshiweg #1 (SWIFT/BIC Code = MCBKCWCU)
- We have a local bank account with Banco di Caribe: 301647 500 001 100 01. Address: Beshiweg #1 (SWIFT/BIC Code = BDCCCWCU)
- We also have Dutch, U.S and Canadian bank accounts. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
Can I support a specific CARFIE?
Yes, that is possible! If one of our dogs have caught your eye, you are able to support that specific CARFIE. You can do so either by making a donation in their name, or by virtually adopting your CARFIE. Our Virtual Adoption Program allows you to adopt a dog “on paper” for an amount of Fl. 100,- / € 50,- / US$ 60,- a month. This covers the cost of food, veterinary care, and monthly tick, flea and heartworm preventives.
Do you also take non-monetary donations?
Yes, we do! There are several items that we can always use for the care of our dogs. Donations can be dropped off at Claus Clinic at the Anasaweg 7 in Dominguito (nearby supermarket Vreugdenhil). Claus Clinic is open Mondays till Fridays between 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, and from 2:00-6:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM.
- Bath towels/linens
- Paper kitchen towels
- Garbage bags
- Nexgard (Spectra)
- Milbactor / Drontal
- Frontline Spray
- Dogfood (preferably Purina® Pro Plan®, which is for sale at Claus Clinic a.o.)
- Puppy Kibble
- KD Hill’s special diet
- AD Hill’s special diet
What better way to start getting into the holiday giving-back spirit? Happy Giving Tuesday!